2018 Governor’s Awards for Outstanding Colorado Tourism Efforts
Statement of Eligibility
The Governor’s Awards for Outstanding Colorado Tourism Efforts are open to all individuals, private businesses and non-profit organizations offering a tourism product or service in Colorado. All entries must promote tourism to or within Colorado.
Submissions must be completed via the links for each award below and received by noon on Tuesday, August 14, 2018.
Judging Panel & Criteria
The Governor’s Tourism Conference Committee will review the entries.Entry review will be based on the information provided on the attached entry forms only. An entry may be disqualified if it is determined that there is not adequate information provided on the entry form. All decisions are final.
- A completed entry form.
- Only one (1) entry will be considered for any one organization or individual per category.
- Entries not prepared according to guidelines may be disqualified.
For more information, contact Kaiti Jacobson at email@example.com or 303-892-3840.
Outstanding Individual Contribution
- Major and lasting contribution
- Dedication to Colorado tourism
- Leadership, vision and inspiration
- Creative and innovative approaches
- Sensitivity to his/her community/region
Outstanding Community Tourism Initiative
- Well received by market constituents
- Utilizes coalitions and/or partnerships
- Demonstrates creativity and innovation
- Contributes to tourism and economy in community/region/state
Outstanding Marketing Project or Program
- Clear, effective, focused and innovative
- Measurable contributions to Colorado tourism in terms of the local and regional economy
- Utilization of creative elements in the form of media, public relations, special promotions and/or direct marketing
Jack Snow Award for Outstanding Volunteer
- A commitment to the project at hand
- Flexibility and energy
- Creativity and imagination
- Integrity, sacrifice and selflessness