2016 Governor’s Awards for
Outstanding Colorado Tourism Efforts
2016 Award Winners
- Outstanding Individual Contribution: Cindy Mackin, Visit Loveland
- Outstanding Community Tourism Initiative: Breck Create
- Outstanding Marketing Pproject Or Program: Visit Estes Park
- Jack Snow Award For Outstanding Volunteer: Tommy & Dorothy Collins - Dinosaur Welcome Center
- Chairman’s Award: Bob Kunkel, Durango
Statement of Eligibility
The Governor’s Awards for Outstanding Colorado Tourism Efforts are open to all individuals, private businesses and non-profit organizations offering a tourism product or service in Colorado. All entries must promote tourism to or within Colorado.
Submissions must be completed and received by 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday, August 24, 2016 to:
Judging Panel and Criteria
The Governor’s Tourism Conference Committee will review the entries. Entry review will be based on the information provided on the attached entry forms only. An entry may be disqualified if it is determined that there is not adequate information provided on the entry form. All decisions are final.
- The Governor’s Award for Outstanding Individual Contribution to Colorado Tourism is presented to an individual in recognition of his/her contributions to the promotion and development of the Colorado tourism industry.
- The Governor’s Award for Outstanding Community Tourism Initiative acknowledges an activity, event, or project undertaken by a community or region to promote tourism in Colorado.
- The Governor’s Awards for Outstanding Marketing Program presented to a Colorado organization for either a single targeted promotion or a full campaign to recognize organizations for their creativity and excellence in promoting tourism.
- The Jack Snow Award for Outstanding Volunteer is presented to an individual in recognition of his/her contributions to the tourism industry in a volunteer capacity. This individual has devoted their free time to promoting Colorado and bettering the visitor experience.
Click name of category to download entry forms.
- A completed entry form.
- Only one (1) entry will be considered for any one organization or individual per category.
- Entries not prepared according to guidelines may be disqualified.
For more information, contact Deb Brannon at 303.520.6310.
Outstanding Individual Contribution
- Major and lasting contribution
- Dedication to Colorado Tourism
- Leadership, vision and inspiration
- Creative and innovative approaches
- Sensitivity to his/her community/region
Outstanding Community Tourism Initiative
- Well received by market constituents
- Utilizes coalitions and/or partnerships
- Demonstrates creativity and innovation
- Contributes to tourism and economy in community/region/state
Outstanding Marketing Project or Program
- Clear, effective, focused and innovative
- Measurable contributions to Colorado tourism in terms of the local and regional economy
- Utilization of creative elements in the form of media, public relations, special promotions and/or direct marketing
Jack Snow Award for Outstanding Volunteer
- A commitment to the project at hand
- Creativity and Imagination
- Sacrifice and Selflessness